peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I put the top down on my 2003 Spyder yesterday and when I

Customer Question

I put the top down on my 2003 Spyder yesterday and when I put it back up again, only the drivers side window went up. The other 3 will not close.
JA: Are you fixing your Spyder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing and am hoping it is simply a fuse; closest dealer is 2 hours away and it is pouring rain.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately this sounds like a fault with a limit/position switch sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in or an issue with the control unit for the roof not commanding a signal to operate the other windows.I have seen both cause this type of fault here in the past.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and read all computers for fault codes.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.This will also help in locating a faulty sensor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete