Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician

GREG ONLY: Greg Only: Alright Greg. I was able to get the

Customer Question

GREG ONLY : Greg Only : Alright Greg. I was able to get the wheel back out & find the short that was causing the short in the horn. So you're the Mitsubishi Mech . My top priority is getting the Cruse control working .So far I've gotten all the brake lights working & replaced the cruise lever . So how do we trouble shoot this system. I am leaving early next week for a 5000 mile / 1 month long trip so getting this working is my Top Priority. Where do we start 1st thanks for the help with the wheel question . I'll kick you a couple of bucks & hit you with some 5 star feedback. for your expertise
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I got the horn back working and sure enough it was a pinched ( airbag) wire shorting on the wheel. So I read the codes for the cruise control & they came up as : , "12-17-12-17-12-17-12-17 " hope this helps I'm suppose to hitthe road Tuesday 10-11 at the latest so hopefully we can get this one as the first leg is Cali to Iowa ( whew!! ) Let me know Thanks BD
Expert:  Greg replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 20 days ago.

When you switch on the cruise does the green cruise light come ON.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ive been working with Doug on this but" just answers" told me he was no longer available hes in Florida & power has been scetchy. So Yes the green light comes on.I have replaced the lever & got all the brake lights working. See above in this convo for codes 12 & 17 flashing up on the code/ lever check
Expert:  Greg replied 19 days ago.

Sorry to get back late we also had problems with Matthew we got the tail end and dumped tons of water on us.

Okay the code 12 is the vehicle speed sensor

The 17 is the TPS sensor both will deactivate the cruise control .

You need to take care of these two issue and then clear codes

Check for any engine codes like the P0120 if not set check the connection on the cruise control module.

If for example you don't have any codes in the engine ECM for the TPS and VSS then problem is wiring on the

cruise ECM. if you do have the relevant codes check the two sensors .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg