Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

We have a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant that we replaced a damaged

Customer Question

We have a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant that we replaced a damaged ignition cylinder with one from the junkyard, we also cannot get the car to start, there is no spark with the spark plugs and we are not sure why it is not getting power to the spark plugs. We were told we need to reprogram the key and that will fix all of the issues, but we are not sure if that would be the correct solution in this case. We ran a dx and the code P0513 came up which has to do with the immobilizer, would this be the reason why the spark plugs are not firing?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
3.0 V6

O.k.,looking at the code now will post back here shortly.

Can you re check that code number as that number isnt coming up for me?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
P0513 PZero513

O.k.,this code isnt coming up for me.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We were actually trying to speak with Doug, I'm not sure how we even got you since we were on Doug's profile when we asked the question...this site is very weird...lol
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hi im kevin do you still need assistance ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we do and thank you very much
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Ok can you confirm for me that you have replaced barrell from nother vehicle with key ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The entire ignition switch with the simultaneous key was switched
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Ok this is deffinatly your issue .you will need to get key programmed to release security

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Please rate my service and let me know of you need anything else at all

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We already know that, that is not the question...can you please re-release the question if you are not understating it...
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

What is the question that you nedd all i can see is what would cause no spark and i have answered this

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does your answer coincide with the dx code which is what we are referring to, we want to know if the dx code P0513 would also cause the spark plugs to not fire, since we already know that it stands for immobilization, or is the spark plug issue a separate one?
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Yes this code corresponds with the key and the no spark .the imobilliser works by removing spark to prvent starting .if you programme key spark will return

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, thank you very much!
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Please rate

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Please rate my service