K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

Second opinion] - I live in the mountains & have a serious

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I live in the mountains & have a serious problem with squirrels chewing up the wiring of all of my vehicles. How can I prevent this from happening? It has become horribly inconvenient & extremely expensive!
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 26 days ago.

Hello, the best way to do this is to make your vehicles very unpleasent for them. My first suggestion would be to sprinkle the area around where you park with this it will interupt their sense of smell and taste. The next step would be to spray this in the underhood areas, just avoid direct engine contact by spraying at all around the engine bay. Finally you may want to try leaving the hood up on your vehicles during the day time, this removes the element of comfrot they find nesting in dark enclosed spaces. You could also use bitter apple spray or home made mixes of tabasco and pepper spray to deter them via smell and taste.