350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1

I live in the mountains & have a serious problem with

Customer Question

I live in the mountains & have a serious problem with squirrels chewing up the wiring of all of my vehicles. How can I prevent this from happening? It has become horribly inconvenient & extremely expensive!
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  350matt replied 24 days ago.

you could try park the car over a bucket of mothballs, which is apparently repugnant to rat & vermin olfactory receptors.

but I've had good success in the past with the electronic devices that emit a high pitched buzz that only rats and squirrels can hear something like this

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Where would I put an electronic device? I the engine compartment?
Expert:  350matt replied 24 days ago.

when I've done this before to prevent this sort damage I have mounted the device in the engine bay but I have to say it has to be a sheltered spot that isn't going to get wet or too hot

some of these newer more powerful electronics have a range of 50' or so

so they should work in your parking spot without being having to mount it in the engine bay

Expert:  350matt replied 19 days ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you