Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

It would only drive for about 15 min then it starts to

Customer Question

it would only drive for about 15 min then it starts to backfire then dies. I cant drive it again for 4 hrs. I put a new maf sensor on it now it wont start
JA: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?
Customer: no it runs smooth no stalling until it gets to a certain temp then I lose all power
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive replaced timing belt , balance shaft belt , the tensioner , water pump , crankshaft and cam sensors , installed a new cold air intake on it , check engine light comes on tested it comes back cam and crank sensor. I drove it to my back yard took less then 5 min. now it wont start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: also had a universal convertor installed
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?

Any codes stored?

Cam timing concerns are normally the culprit when you get back fire issues.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris