350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

I own a mitsubishi eclipse 1995 4g63t do they have speed

Customer Question

i own a mitsubishi eclipse 1995 4g63t do they have speed limiters, how do i remove it? i only get a max speed of 180kph. Installed is a cold air intake, exedy clutch stage 1, hks ground kit, 255/r17 wheels.and the rest (turbo, exhaust, etc) are stock
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.

hello

some markets were fitted with limiters, if the car is a Japanese import then its very likely to have one fitted

this can be removed / worked around by fitting a HKS device such as this

http://www.hksusa.com/rev-limit-throttle-controllers/

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Matt,What other options do we have that would fit the mitsubishi eclipse 1995 gst?
Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.

Hello

do you not like the HKS options then?

OK there's another option then take a look at this site where the poster details how to modify the ECU yourself

http://www.dsm.org/how-tos/speedlimiter.htm

Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Matt, what would be better, to install a rev limiter or relocate the Configuration Resistors.thanks
Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.

hello

personally I'd go for the speed defender fix as if you have an issue with modifying the ECU its going to be tricky to find another

unless of course you can find good used part that works on your car then you can modify with impunity

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi matt,I contacted HKS and told me that they are not sure if the application would fit the eclipse 2g. Any other brands that you would suggest?Thanks
Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.

Hello

OK

try this firm - you have to register to use their webstore though

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry which firm?
Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.

sorry missed the link off

http://www.jrponline.com/webstore/index.php?link=home

Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?