Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

I have been trying to figure out the issue with my Pajero

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have been trying to figure out the issue with my Pajero 1997 window regulator - driver's seat.
JA: Are you fixing your Pajero yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the old (powered) regulator, installed a new regulator, however what is happening is that when I plug the cable which provides power in, the motor is spinning (the part that attaches to the window is all the way down). When I plug the cable that attaches to the controls on the door trim and try the buttons, it is non responsive - the motor keeps on buzzing but nothing moves
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 350000km, automatic transmission
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Are you saying the window motor spins on its own without the switch being plugged in?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete