Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the AUtomotive repair Business
7276279

Service engine soon light on 2004 endeavor, no to both,

Customer Question

service engine soon light on 2004 endeavor
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no to both
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mitsubishi Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried nothing yet, not fixing myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do I reset ?\
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Are you looking for a way to reset it or do you want to determine why it has come on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Reset mainly, but need to know if it indicates a serious problem
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The check engine light comes on when the computer systems sees a fault and when this happens the computer will detect it and set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know what iti is you would need to start first with having the system scanned. Most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will run a scan you you at no charge. If you want to try clearing the code first all you need to do is remove the negative battery cable for a couple of minutes. This will turn the light off and clear any fault codes. If after doing this and the light returns then the scan would need to be done and the code retrieved. Once you have the fault code I can advise you on what needs failing. If the engine seems to be running normal then its not likely a serious problem. Try clearing it first and let see if it returns.