peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Having this same issue with my 1998 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5L

Customer Question

Doug,
Having this same issue with my 1998 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5L GDI.
I need to replace the IAC but can't find the part. It's located below the throttle body and has a 2 pin connector. Every part I find has 6 pin.
Can you help me?
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Warm engine idles rough and stalls.
Starts fine, drives fine...but when stopped at lights or intersections it wants to stall. Have to put in neutral to keep it going.Pretty sure it i this IAC part that I can't locate.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm attaching a pdf of picture...where it's located on the vehicle and the part itself.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One of the more common causes for this issue here is a fault with carbon build up in the throttle body bore.If you have not cleaned out the throttle body bore free of carbon this needs done.I suspect you have a newer model throttle body that doesnt use an IAC and is incorporated into the throttle body instead.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did the throttle cleaning. I need to find this part. If that is the case and mine is part of the throttle body, then what is this part?

O.k.,unfortunately after looking through my info on this model here I do not show a location of this part.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete