peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My periodic inspection light has been coming on when I start

Customer Question

My periodic inspection light has been coming on when I start my car for about 2 weeks, but now on a trip about and hour away from my house my service required has come on and when in cruise and ac on it would cut the cruise off and go from 80 to 65. Oil is full but my tire pressure was over the 32 psi so let a little air out of them but light is not going off. I've also had the overheating thing come on twice on the same road trip.
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: I have and they're all at 32 psi which is what it says it's supposed to be.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2008 lancer gts
JA: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was shipped from japan here
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we've checked tire pressure, and oil. We did an oil change about 3 months ago. Other than that haven't really done any mechanic work on it. It was parked for a few years before I bought it.. But the problems are the periodic inspection light and service required and the miles and months says nothing since the periodic inspection light came on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also the overheating issue I've encountered the other couple times that I went on the same road trip an hour away from my house. The issues have just started recently, but I haven't had the car very long. It has less then 65,000 miles on it.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

The over heating fault may be caused by the thermostat sticking intermittently needing replaced as I have seen before.As for the other issue here the fault codes need checked with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.If you can get the fault codes read out and post the code info here let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete