Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

2003 Mitsubishi eclipse. same problem listed on your site

Customer Question

Hello, 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse. same problem listed on your site about the AC evaporation entering the cabin on the drivers side. I pulled the battery and I found where the tube is supposed to be however there is no drain tube there is a caulk like substance that was painted over so my guess is it came from the factory that way. there does appear to be a plug where the tube would be.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, If you remove the solid breather pipe that runs from your air filter to engine, acess to the fire wall where the a/c drain is will be accesable.(may have to lift the fire wall insulation out of the way). The drain is about as round as a nickel and only sticks out about a half inch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually I just found it about 2 inches lower than what I was looking at, it has two brake lines directly in front of it, so I am supposed to extend it to one inch or put a 90 degree hose on it to stop the leak? Will I need to move those lines to do it?

is it stuck up inside the car? if so extend it foe sure, but unclog it first with something thin and thin flexible ....

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just read your solution is different from others I have read, I will get some WindoWeld. Thanks

so your solution will be to extend?

just checking in to see how its going?