Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My car in 05 and it is throwing the check engine light p0113

Customer Question

my car in 05 and it is throwing the check engine light p0113 P0 102 22228 and freeze data says p0113. I've had an issue with it getting hot by the firewall heating up the car but not the engine and smelling like rotten eggs on losing power feeling like I was being held back.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. sounds to me like a back pressure test is in oreder to see how clogged the cat is.

as far as the p0113 have you replace the iat yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not it's hollowed out, no back pressure, I can't have cats replaced for about a month n a half, so i looked it up and several places run straight pipe exhaust for racing stuff well so I figured I had to spend it where I need most. The car was going through those issues that's why I had cat checked. After it ran good tune up and cap plugs and wires rotors.ran great tip calipers stuck one after another. I never had check light on till the trans started acting up, coukd hear a noise grinding or something felt help back half power so I redid tune up well everything in as both upper n lower intake cleaned, I injectors cleaned well didn't spray clean wic I would do if I take back apart.codes just come on so that I read one was relay message to pcm , other one said it frd this n that I just don't I now how to figure out.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Replace the what yet

intake air temp sensor...thats what causing the code

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No because I read it could be altonator, that the voltage low or high , the brake n battery light flash a couple times, lights flicker, if shit car off during flicker it won't start. Had tested said altonator shit that I'm relying on battery alone . I had drive 70 miles to get home lights flickered once rev engine it would go away. When got home Shut off car tried starting it Cronk right up. All connections took off cleaned best I could put back on tight

so whats the voltage reading at the battery with the car running? and you should still think about replacing the iat. if it was due to the flickering and alternator, you would have more than that code my friend

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Jump between 13-14 volts and without 13

a good strong alternator will read a steady 14.4 vdc

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
At full load

maybe not at full load, with everything turned on.....but it should never go below 14

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok the battery and brake flashing led me to a page saying it's alternator fault, so what should I do to test my sensors to make sure I don't have another issue because I'm worried I f I fix I'll have an other problem.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which order do I go in

the only sensor that needs tested is the one thats faulting.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know but in reading that the maf should be last because it would be tried because one of the others. It doesn't say if the pcm needs checked, throttle position sensor, but some say need to become care idels fine but car in go it's bogged down bad. Rev is good. So what I should just keep at what I'm doing what was the point in paying 18dollers thanks for what ive been reading, no solutions to find my answers

the maf isnt faulting! what are you talking about. the iat needs tested. thats it.

you can test all the sensors you want to. apparently you have some kind of different theory on how to troubleshoot. good luck in your ventures. if you arent going to take my advice, i will opt out. good day