AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner

Blower is rattling and making noise so looking on guidance

Customer Question

Blower is rattling and making noise so looking on guidance how to access and tighten up whatever needs to be tightened.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The fan... it sounds like its hitting something which makes me think something is loose or it's not sitting right. Had someone replace my heater core and seems it has come loose over time.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2002 4wd Montero Limited
JA: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yep... nothing just looking for instructions how to access hoping I didn't have to pull the dash to access.... seems it is right behind the glove box.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: N
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 month ago.

Hello. it should be very easy to access. It's right behind the glove box accessible from underneath. See the picture. You don't have to remove the dash or anything. Just crawl underneath and look up and you should see it. The blower wheel may be broken, or have something inside it knocking around.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will look at this weekend. Sometimes the blower has a whining noise and other times a thumping/clicking noise like its hitting something as the glovebox vibrates when it hits. Will let ya know... thanks.

Sounds good. I'll be around.

Hi. Just checking to see how it all went?