peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I'm working on a 2003 mits lancer es replaced engine and i'm

Customer Question

Hi Jerry
I'm working on a 2003 mits lancer es replaced engine and i'm not get spark in cyl 2 and 3 replaced coil no change what could be causing the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you test for power at the ignition coil to see if it has power with the key on?(at or near 12 volts).

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is power

O.k.,do you have a ground signal on terminal 2 at the coil,the black wire?If so if you jump a separate ground to this ground does the misfire go away then at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That I have not done I stepped away from the car for lunch

O.k.,if your missing the ground signal this will cause this issue.If you can check this,this will help.You might try adding a ground to the black wire and see if it helps as well.If this does not resolve the issue here and you have power and ground at the coil then the signal wire is not sending a signal to the coil from the PCM (engine and transmission computer) and this is due to either the wire at fault leading from the coil to the PCM or the PCM itself needing replaced.Below is a diagram for your models PCM/Ignition system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete