peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Once the 2000 eclipse GT heats up it won't idle and runs

Customer Question

Once the 2000 eclipse GT heats up it won't idle and runs extremly rough at low rpms. Run's great at higher rpms. Every stop sign it dies and doesn't want to start back. Runs good when cold.
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: Once the car heats up maybe 5 minutes it's consistent. Giving codes P0300 and P0135
JA: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the oxygen sensor on the front manifold and the egr vacuum solenoid and the spark plug wires on the front bank.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We also recently replaced the alternator.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P0300 is engine misfire and the other code is for an oxygen sensor heater circuit (usually a faulty oxygen sensor needing replaced for this code here) but neither should cause a stall out.

I have seen issues with fuel injector as well as fuel pump faults that can cause misfire codes as well as a stall out condition.I would have the fuel system tested to see if any issues are found needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete