Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Horn goes when you start my montero 2000 sport, no, and the

Customer Question

horn goes when you start my montero 2000 sport
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: no, and the battery is fully charged
JA: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: try to fix it,,pull out the fuse for the horn,,it works but the engine start to stall while its running
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the engine starts properly, but when you press the gas the horn goes off..
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

With the horn fuse back in place does this resolve the stall concern?

Any recent repairs, collisions, or wire issues?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nope,,there's is no repair or collision ever since,,but when I installed the fuse back,,still have some stall issue, after I drove a few miles,,it shows the rpm gage below 400 to 0 when you press the brake at the stop light.

Lets deal with the horn later Can you keep the idle up and keep it from stalling by applying throttle and keeping it at 1000 rpms?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris