Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

We have a 2003 outlander and the battery and alternator were

Customer Question

We have a 2003 outlander and the battery and alternator were replaced a few weeks ago. When that was complete, the speakers stopped working. Not sure if it's related, to that. There is still power to the stereo unit, but no sound coming out.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: I have not tested the battery, didn't think to since it's brand new, but I can do that.
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to fix it myself, yes. I checked under the front seat to see if any of the wires had been disconnected from the amplifier, but they all seem to be in place.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need help

Have you checked all fuses related to the radio and amp?

It is not uncommon for a electrical system issue to cause a power surge and cause the radio or amp or speakers to fail.

Do you own a extra speaker to see if by chance all of your speakers failed at once?

So far the symptoms point to a bad amp.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris