peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

No spark from my coil ,but on the three wires going in to

Customer Question

No spark from my coil ,but on the three wires going in to the coil the middle has 10.5 amps the right side the same amps steady the left wire has only 6.2amps what's wrong
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Fuses good don't have diagram,
JA: What is the model of your '10 Mitsubishi?
Customer: 1999 2.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put one cam in, cam sensor, temp sensor, water sensor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's all I could find right now, thinking about putting on a crank sensor on
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what model Mitsubishi this is here and I can see if I can locate the info on the coil signal testing?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1999 2.0 eclipse
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They say of the wires going into the coil pack that the out side wires should blink on and off they don't stays on steady while cranking

Are you getting power from one or two wires at the coil with the key on or off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Power from all wires to coil when turning over only two wires 10.5ams one 6.2

From what I can tell here it looks like you should only have one wire with voltage at pin 2.The other 2 wires should have ground pulses from the engine computer as the engine is cranked over and running.If you have voltage signals on any of the other 2 wires this can indicate that the wiring is either shorted leading from the coil to the engine computer or that the engine computer itself has an issue needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete