sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 99 eclipse with code P1750 and 49 from the TCM,

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a 99 eclipse with code P1750 and 49 from the TCM
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Reading the codes with a voltmeter I read code 49. I have tried to reset it twice
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I read the correct resistance through all of the shift solenoids and read good continuity for the solenoid wires back to the TCM
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The transmission seems to be working fine
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm not showing P1749 being a valid code, P1750 could be depending on vehicle build. P1750 sets when there is a solenoid circuit issue. If the solenoids and wiring are truly ok and there are no symptoms then it's very possible the trans controller is failing.

Do you have the VIN?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am reading P1750 with a generic code reader and code 49 using a voltmeter at pins 4 and 6 in the diagnostic connector. I have the factory manual and it says with code 49 to replace the torque converter control solenoid and if that doesn't work replace the TCM. I was hoping to get an opinion as to which component is more likely before spending 400.00 on solenoids and then a small fortune on a TCM if that doesn't work. As I mentioned, the resistance values for the solenoid coils are exactly the numbers the manual gives and the wiring is good. Also, the transmission shifts fine. I appreciate your help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The VIN is 4A3AX35G1XE100609
Thanks

Are you using a scan tool to monitor trans input speed against engine RPM with the converter clutch commanded on though?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not have a scanner. I pulled the valve body tonight removed the TCCS. I would like to replace just this solenoid but Mitsubishi only sells the as complete solenoid pack. Where can I get a single solenoid?

Without monitoring data its unlikely that you'd know that the converter clutch wasn't engaging.

I wouldn't recommend trying to use an aftermarket solenoid by itself. Aftermarket electrical parts usually result in repeat issues.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, thanks

You're welcome!