sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1990 mits might max trk changed the distributor.

Customer Question

i have a 1990 mits might max trk changed the distributor. and changed all plugs etc. it crankes runs down the road but it does not have pick up dont advance it back fires and cut off but it will re start and then i can go back up the road but still doesnt have no pick up. need help thank you
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

You mentioned believing it is out of time. I'm assuming you mean ignition timing rather than cam timing. How was the distributor's positions set when it was installed?
What was the issue with the distributor and did the problem start before or after it was replaced?