Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Mitsubishi Galant 2007. The AC is blowing hot air. My

Customer Question

Mitsubishi Galant 2007.
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: The AC is blowing hot air. My mechanic pointed that the damper control motor (Denso part(###) ###-####was not working. The motor is suppose to move a lever up when the heat is turned, or down when the AC is on. I am having hard time finding the part online.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: the hose connected to the part 63700 turns very hot. The coolant level is supposed to be fine per the mechanic but I can check it again.
JA: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying but no luck. The part mentioned above now is fixed. It doesn't move the lever up or down. Its down all the way.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I live in Massachusetts... If there is any local mechanic that you can recommend, that will be very kind.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My mechanic told me the part Denso(###) ###-####is the problem. I think is called Damper Control Motor. It's supposed to move a lever to either, warm or cold the HVAC. Now, the part is not doing anything. It's fixed and the lever is turned down which I think is for cold. The problem is, the pipe connected turns very hot in less than 3 minutes.
I haven't find either a catalog for the 2007 Mitsubishi Galant L4-2.4L to look for the part.
I have a photo of the part and I have taken it out to see if I can find it but no luck.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I wonder if the resistor is blown at this point.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, this part will work its interchangeable

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. I am concern the item is used and, although states that has been tested OK, I will be more comfortable finding the part new, either at a dealership or otherwise. What I need is the dealer part number.