Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the AUtomotive repair Business

2004 Endeavor. Hear click under hood but starter doesn't

Customer Question

2004 Endeavor. Hear click under hood but starter doesn't engage bendix or roll. Have cleaned and tightened connections on battery and starter with no change.
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Battery is good, almost new and boosting does not change symptom.
JA: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaning battery and starter terminals, attempted boosting with another vehicle. Still just hear click when key is turned to start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No other info.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello Ira , my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you are sure your battery is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight then the next step would be to check and see if you have key on cranking power at the starter on the small start wire as well as the larger battery cablewhile having a helper hold the key in the crank position. If you have power on both then that would mean the starter has failed.