Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Top will not open, 2007 in very good shape, Went to

Customer Question

Top will not open
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2007 in very good shape
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Went to dealer....they studied it for several hours
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: They saix i should replace the two front latch relays but said this may not fix it
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: works great 85000 miles...timing chian, wTer pump ...all necessary maintenance done regularly
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They will not guarantee their work and were asking me to spend more than $1000 on their work
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

are they saying the 2 front relays will cost $1000 ?

does the top button blinks when you try to activate ?

did they scan the top module for fault codes & did they supply them to you ? can you post the fault codes here for me ?

how did this start , suddenly tried to activate and no movement, or it is been intermittently working or getting stuck at times and now completely no top operation ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The roof closed on Monday evening and on Tuesday would not open. The power windows would not go down. We took it to thw dealer and they said they had a mechanic experienced in this area. After 45 minutes they said it was working fine & washed the vehicle. We had to wait to try the roof until it dried. The same thing occurred....nothing.8 hours later they said they had it had trouble code B1301-B1303. They said all wires and connectors were good, all hydraulics were good, fluid level was good and clean. They said the left and right down position sensors were reading incorrect position.They told us we would have to buy 2 sensors at $327 each plus tax and if that didn't work we had to pay for sensors & labor even if it did not solve the problem....that this would be step one only. They said the sensors would take 2 weeks to arrive.When we were presented the vehicle as soon as we started to drive away the alarm started going for the roof. That didn't happen before. There only solution to that was to remove a fuse. We wanted it back to the way it was when we arrived at the dealer and the mechanic said he couldn't. I asked him what he would do if it was his car & he said "I'd get rid of it.".We drove home 2 hours with the light for the roof constantly flashing. The car is in excellent mechanical shape according to our own well experienced mechanic. Everything that has needed to be done has been and we store it in a warm dry storage facility in the winter.

ok li got the fault codes now , let check on that and tell what is the best way to proceed