Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician

I have a 2000 Montero sport flagging p1610 and immobilizer

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Montero sport flagging p1610 and immobilizer code 12. No injector pulse is present. What are my options to drive or to the dealer?
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if it's any help, the serial number off the b-pillar is a991179a
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Hi Larry .

This is a Immo code your system is not reading the chip key this is why the engine will not start

and have no injection pulse .

You may only need to have the key reprogrammed to sort out this issue ,if you have another spar key try this first

as this is the most common issue .if the original radio was replaced with an aftermarket and after you had this problem then this radio is interfering with the key signal and could be your issue.

Options are having the tow to dealer or calling out your local locksmith ,you will have to check which would be cheaper unles your vehicle insurance does not cover towing then the locksmith would be your best bet .

If towing is in the insurance then have shipped to the dealer .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've read that there is a code that can allow it to start to drive it to the dealership. How do I go about getting that?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it does still have the factory radio
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Hi Larry .

Attached is the TSB and in it is the bypass but you will need to call your dealer and have them supply you the four figure code if you don't have it in your manuals in the glove box .

You will understand after reading the TSB.

Kindest regards Greg