Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care

On my 05 pejero can I remove bottom ball joint by undoing

Customer Question

On my 05 pejero can I remove bottom ball joint by undoing the three bolts and pull it out complete as I am changing bearing and are having trouble separating this also easiest way to remove tie rod would be good to know
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Removing the three bolts (and the one nut on the top of the ball joint) is the best way to remove the ball joint. If you don't need to separate the ball joint from the knuckle (which you should not for a bearing replacement) then you can just take out the three bolts. Also, for the tie rod, all you need to do is take loose the nut on the top and then using a hammer, hit the part of the knuckle containing the tie rod (carefully, to avoid hitting the threads on the tie rod) and it should just pop right out. This tie rod is tapered so the impact from the hammer should jar it loose from the knuckle and pop it out!. I hope this info helped!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you were able to get the bearing out. i also wanted to remind you to please leave a positive rating as this is the only way that I am graded as an expert. Have a great day!