Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi L200 DID which had this knocking

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi L200 DID which had this knocking sound and was smoking a while back. Had it parked at the garage for about a year, as I was told I needed new injectors. Bought some used but tested ones, but it's not starting anymore.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Has the following error codes:
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started on a day I was taking a trip out of town, turned right back and drove straight to the garage.
Sounds like the engine, but when you accelerate, gears are smooth, so is engine, noise reduces but it was letting off a lot of black smoke
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Truck is in the garage, have a bit of experience with cars, so I am working closely with the guys
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Which engine do you have fitted 4D56 4M40 - 4M41 .

Can you recheck the first code P001 one number is ***** maybe P0011 ??

But the main issue you have is with the IP injection pump the Suction Control Valve Open .

possible cause :

• Failed suction control valve
  • Open/short circuit in suction control valve circuit or loose connector contact
  • Failed engine-ECU

If you have a manual transmission disregard the U1101 code

The black smoke is due to the suction control valve .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.