Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have cs3a, 2005 lancer, When I turn ignition no lights on

Customer Question

I have cs3a
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2005 lancer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When I turn ignition no lights on dash board
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes in and out
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Took the car to dealers they suggested to change ignition lock, which I did
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chris
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have mitsubishi lancer glx 2005
About 6 months ago my car would just stall and stop
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My mechanic said it it's a starter ignition problem . The dash lights would shut off.
And can't start car
So I fitted new ignition. Still no dasboard lights and no start
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have checked all fuses. Ok
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Battery is ok. Radio. Lights working

With the key on does fuse 2 under the dash have power and fuse 22 under the hood?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Under fuse table. Fuse 2 refers to guage,
Fuse 22 under hood refers to room lamp.
Is this correct.

Correct

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fuse 2 and 22 has power. But there is no fuse in 22 (heated seat). I turned the ignition and all lights came on and car started.
I let it run for a while to charge the battery. After 10 I switched off the car and after 5 minutes I tried to switch on but no lights on dashboard and no start. Any idea what's happening. The battery is good. I turned the ignition several times but no start without dashboard lights.

When you say dashboard lights are you referring to the warning indicator or rear illumination in the instrument cluster?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I turn the ignition key these warning lights come on; engine, ABS, battery,oil,hand brake in the instrument cluster, the car starts.
At times when you turn ignition key no lights show thus no start.

When you checked fuse 2 under the dash and it had power, was that during a moment the key was on but the instrument cluster was not?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that is correct. There is power when key was turned on with no cluster lights on. Could it be starter switch MN113754.
At times if i leave the ignition key to on position the cluster lights on. At times if i turn key to start the cluster lights comes and disappears. At times i fiddle around with the key the dashlights comes on.
I noticed there is a small button switch behind the cylinder lock. Any idea what that is.

I do not believe I can figure this concern out not in person, plus the post is going to time out and close tomorrow at noon. Opting out now to see if another can help.