Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a misubishi eclipse spider 1998 i was driving in the

Customer Question

I have a misubishi eclipse spider 1998 i was driving in the highway and it just stop and sisnt turn on again do u know what it can be they its the crankshaft sensor
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can u send too how to fix the crankshaft on it step by step and where its at
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long more is this going to take
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you done any testing such as check for spark or fuel? Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Do you have turbo or non turbo engine? I doubt problem is crank sensor. Considering it just shut down like that I'm thinking timing belt has jumped or fuel pump is bad.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No turbo
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No call
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Start by seeing if it runs when spraying starting fluid in to engine, if not pull a spark plug and check for good spark. If it doesn't start with starting fluid but has good spark then next step is compression because you probably have a jumped timing belt. Once you get tests done it should narrow down possible problems and I can give you replacement instructions as needed. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the timing belt at
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

It is behind the timing cover, it is about a 4 hour job to replace. I'll give you replacement instructions if we end up determining that as the problem. Let me know how testing goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay thank u
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

No problem, keep me updated. Thanks.