peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Abs on & brake pedal hard, ok, 2003montero limited3.8

Customer Question

abs on & brake pedal hard
JA: Have you checked the fluids? Have the brakes been shaking or squeaking?
Customer: ok
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2003montero limited3.8 engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im checkin abs relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no -i m not sure
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.This is done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.

With a stiff brake pedal and the abs light on this can be an issue with the brake master cylinder needing replaced or the anti lock brake hydraulic unit itself as these are usually the most common causes for this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Abs is off - how to turn on

If your abs light is on your abs can be disabled and the only way to turn it back on is to have the abs fault diagnosed and repaired then the abs fault code cleared out.This will then allow the abs system to operate properly.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete