350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1

My magna leaked fuel on my way home, about half tank in 20

Customer Question

my magna leaked fuel on my way home, about half tank in 20 mins & the fuel is in parts of the engine.
JA: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: no it was dark
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2003 magna
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far but would like an idea what it could be.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it had a service in March & it has been leaking alot of oil since. I have to put 2lt in a week?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  350matt replied 3 months ago.

if the engine is wet with fuel then 1st place ot check is the fuel injector connections and the downstream connections to the injector 'rail'

look carefully at the tops of the injectors for signs of wetness and if present then the injectors will have to be removed and the o-ring seal replaced

also check where the fuel supply pipes are attached as, depending on your model the connection can be a push fit type or a just a hose clamp - in which case it can just be tightened up

if its a push fit connection then the entire hose will need replacing

Expert:  350matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you