peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I just bought my 2010 mitsubishi outlander and on the

Customer Question

i just bought my 2010 mitsubishi outlander and on the steering wheel it has to speech and phone buttons but when I tried to set up to bluetooth I received no voice prompts
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: i dont know I just bought it yesterday
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just pushing the speech but***** *****ke it says in the manual
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Its been more than 10 minutes, so is my question still being reviewed?
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your model most likely only came equipped with a pre install for these features to be installed later if the customer chooses.This is normal as allot of models come pre installed for these components.Usually a dealer has to install something like a retro fit kit with the components for the phone and speech recognition system and may have to do some programming as well.

The other option is your model has these functions but there may be an internal electrical fault in the radio or the switches themselves with one needing repaired or replaced.

I would have a dealer check your VIN number over the phone to see if your model came with these features.If it did not see what they would charge to install it.If it did come equipped you would need to have this tested to locate the cause of the fault and replaced from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete