Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician
29331485

I Have a Mitsubishi Outlander 2007. Every once in awhile it

Customer Question

I Have a Mitsubishi Outlander 2007. Every once in awhile it comes on that the Keyless entry needs reprogramed. When I take it to the garage they just replace the battery. I have replaced the batter several times and it still says not working . I would like to be able to reset the keyless entry on my doors without going to the garage, I know it is a simple step
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: I have put 3 batteries in it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: putting the key in ignition and turning it. hitting lock unlock 3 times still none of the keyless entries will work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

The 2007 onwards can only be programmed with a diagnostic scan tool that the dealer use .

But if you do have two working keyfob you can do this yourself .if you only have one working then no you will need the Dealer or a local locksmith that may have the correct programming equipment so as if he can work on your car,

Phone the dealer that you use and ask if there is any cost to do this as in some cases if you are a good customer they may not charge you.

If the battery is not totally dead in the remote and you replace the battery within one minute it will hold the program .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.