Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Myblower on my 2003 is not working, eclipse, nothing, there

Customer Question

myblower on my 2003 is not working
JA: What is the model of your '03 Mitsubishi?
Customer: eclipse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: there was nothing on low and medium on high it made a horrible noise and then just quit working
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you heard a noise that points toward a failed blower motor. You can remove the blower motor and manually apply power/ground to see if it turns on and if not replace. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cwtw0o853thsfo/e1.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey ... All I get is diagrams ?? No written directions .. Disappointed for 18 bucks got nothing but that
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Mitsubishi manuals are very limited and does not include many details. I'd like to think you paid for me telling you what the problem is and giving replacement instructions was just a extra perk that many other experts wouldn't include. Its been awhile since I've removed one of these gloveboxes but removing glovebox is easy, usually 4 screws on the bottom then it pulls out. I can open question back up for someone else to help if you are looking for more detail. Let me know, thanks.