Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

On my 2002 Mitsubishi diamonte my lights inside and outside

Customer Question

on my 2002 Mitsubishi diamonte my lights inside and outside keep like flashing rapidley.what can cause that?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Do you still need help on this concern?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do, thank you.nsomeone told me its the altanaor someone told me the belt another told me the dimmer switch.i

Is this occurring while off or while driving?

Which lights are flashing

• Healdights
  • Parking lights
  • Instrument illumination
  • Courtesy lights

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.
  • So far this possibly can be a poor ground connection.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i am sorry, i had family thimgs i had to take care of. Both inside and outside lights are flashing

Which lights are flashing

• Headlights
  • Parking lights
  • Turn signals
  • Instrument illumination
  • Courtesy lights
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All of the above lights are flashing, I have since found that if leave the tilt wheel all the way up they stop flashing. Also i cannot get the high beams to stay on without me holding the arm up myself.i

I have never seen a car that has every single light on the car flashing while the car is off. The only thing I can see for most of the lights mentioned flashing is the instrument panel ECU faulty or wire shorts in the harness to it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No missunderstanding, they flash while the car is running and i am driving it. It is a problem at night especially.

I am going to opt out, because I have never seen every single light on a car flash.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks chris
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.

Hi there. Different expert here.

Perhaps it is the term "flashing" what is throwing us off... Do you mean the lights are getting dim and bright again rapidly? Have you noticed it happening in rhythm with engine RPM, with it being more pronounced at low engine speeds? If so, then the alternator is indeed the culprit. Don't forget to have the battery fully charged and load tested before installing a new alternator.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is a rapid flashing, it does not coincide with the rhythm of the motor. Just sitting still and idleing it does the same. Like I told Chris, if I leave the tilt wheel all the way up, it stops. Also I cannot get the brights to stay on. Now my left turn signal is not working.

If you confirm all the lights are indeed flashing, then I guess I have to concur with the previous expert in that I've never seen or heard of such condition. I'll opt out as well so others may try.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thank you