david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I just did my servicing and cannot reset my service light

Customer Question

hi i just did my servicing and cannot reset my service light can you help plz
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
JA: The more information we have the better, but not to worry - the Mitsubishi Mechanic will know how to find that out. What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi? The more information we have the better, but not to worry - the Mitsubishi Mechanic will know how to find that out.
Customer: it is a Mitsubishi lancer ex yr 10
JA: What year is your Lancer?
Customer: yr 2010
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it is actually a 2011 model
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: ok
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi I managed to reset the maintenance service light but it is now showing me that the next servicing should be done at 9500km and 79 months :(I think I tried it too many times.. I pressed the info button to reset the light... I think I did it too many times... please tell me how to correct this
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  david craig replied 6 months ago.

Hi Im Dave,Toggle the info button to the display that shows the wrench. When you get there, press and hold for a few seconds until the wrench blinks. When it does, release it for a moment, then press it again to reset the system to 5100 miles.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you tell me how to reset the airbag light please

the airbag light can only be reset with a scan tool that has airbag capabilities. you will have to take it to a shop or dealer. the airbag light only comes on when there is a malfunction within the system or the airbags have been deployed at one time

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks

YOU ARE WELCOME

can you please leave a rating?