rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 91 mitsubishi mighty max sport and I have no spark.

Customer Question

Hey so I have a 91 mitsubishi mighty max sport and I have no spark. I've changed the ignition coil, power transistor, and crankshaft/camshaf chip inside the distributor. I tested the power to the ignition coil and both wires have 12 volts. I even cranked the vehicle and used a test light to see if the on and off switch was working on the cam/crankshaft and so far they do. Please help
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Make sure you have power from the ignition switch to the ignition module.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have 12 volts going to one wire a ground on another wire but nothing on the third. I cranked the engine and nothing either
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What I find strange is that on the ignition coil both wires have 12 volts on them.
I don't think that's right