Technicaldan, Technician
Experience:  Accredited

Mitsubishi diamante ecu was replaced with same part no.

Customer Question

mitsubishi diamante ecu was replaced with same part no. after water is go inside the car
JA: What year is your Diamante?
Customer: 2002 it not start ... i check there is no spark in the spark plug
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine is turnning the ignitioncoil is good the power achive the terminal
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i m wandering if there any relation betwen changing the ecu and reseting some thing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I hope you are well, my name is ***** ***** I will see if I can help you today.

The 2002 Diamante uses a chipped key / transponder style immobiliser system and the new or replacement ecu would need to be coded into the immobiliser using diagnostic programming equipment, without the coding being done, the system would effectively be immobilised.

You need to have the new or replacement ecu coded into the system for the immobiliser system to function and the ecu to allow engine starting.

This would need good diagnostic equipment and not a cheap obd code reader.

I hope this helps you answer your question as to why it will not start, if so please rate five stars as this is the only way I get credit for my time and research, please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have, I aim to be as helpful as I can, from a remote location! ;)