Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years, diagnostic/repair/ electrical specialist

Need to find the wire diagram to know what the wires are in

Customer Question

need to find the wire diagram to know what the wires are in small, 4 wire connector underneath the steering of the 4 wires is for sure the green/black horn switch wire. Need to know what the other 3 are.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Horn switch is broken. I have put in a necessary switch by cutting the green/black horn switch and wriing it to the new switch, but I should have cut it after the 4 wire housing instead of after. So I need to know what the other 3 wires are so that I can complete the install.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the diagram of the momentary switch I used.I have LED power fine. I have the green/black horn connected to the positive, the LED post connected to it as well. I have a ground to the chassis. But the red wire at the C1 is the one I think should be going to the horn relay and I am not sure which wire that would be.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hello, what are the remaining wire colors? were all in same loom? is anything not working? you said you bypassed the horn and the diagram is what you did, correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Correct. The small 4 wire housing under the steering column - cut the green wire with black and took it to the + on the diagram. Now need to know what wire goes to the horn relay - the 12V which is indicated by the red wire on the switch.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

sorry still a bit confused, I had asked for the wire colors of the remaining wires of the 4, Gr/Blk goes to the horn switch. all the switch does is makes a ground, 2 power sources go to the relay then 2 feeds OUT from relay to the horns, here is the diagram

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It looks like it might be the green/white wire I need which goes to the horn relay.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

gr/wh goes to TWO spots at the relay. One for the entergizer coil and one for the horn feeds,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will have to take a photo of the wire housing tomorrow when I have the vehicle back here to get all of the wire colors in that connector.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The way it is, the green/whites, 2 of them go to 2 spots on the relay, The green / black is from the switch, the greens are to the horns.