Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician

Abs lite is on and yellow an red warning lutes keep going

Customer Question

Abs lite is on and yellow an red warning lutes keep going back and forth
JA: Is there a code associated with the error? Have you checked the ABS fluid?
Customer: Have had rear brake pads installed
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 08 gets. With 2.0 liter engine. 134000 miles on car but only 8500 on engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thot i would go to jiffy lube to get SERVICE LITE off.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Boughtt with bad engine and just replaced engine. . so this p1773 may have something to do w abs brakws
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi .

Yes the code P1773 is an ABS malfunction code but a code that we call a ghost code which is out of

the OBD system.

In most cases we find that this issue is normally related to the wheel speed sensors ,and find that for some reason the rear left or right sensors is the culprit ,but could also be one of the front but this is rare .

What you need to do is have a good scan tool hooked up and in live date do a test drive and check the speed of each of the sensors all speed should be the same speed if one reads much less or no speed then replace that sensor .

I would probably bet that the rear left had failed but test to be sure don't want you replacing sensors that are good .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.