Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2003 lancer es 2.0 timing belt broke bent valves

Customer Question

Hello i have a 2003 lancer es 2.0 timing belt broke bent valves replaced all bent valves and head all timing on point but will not start checked all points fuel relays make vlicking noise relay one has two powers on right side and relay 2 has 1 top right pin getting power also the fuses are all good in engine bay and under dash also getting power to red wire on fuel pump when cranking sends power but does not prime or turn on
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Do you still need help, if so let me know and I will try to help. This is not an answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found out also still no power for prime only during cranking and now found out there is no spark had spark b4 now nothing i replaced the crank sensor prior to the head replacment

Did I read correct, you have power to the read wire at the pump and ground on the black wire with the key on but you have no fuel pressure to the engine. If that is the case then the next repair will be replacing the pump. Let me know if I understood wrong?

At the coils are you getting ground on the black wire and with the key on power at the white wire?

Using a scan tool is the computer getting a crank sensor signal?

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
U understood wrong i have power on red only during cranking and there is pressure flowing to the fuel rails but as i mentioned when key is on shouldnt i have a prime for a few seconds i am not receiving power to the red on the key on position only and i only get power to red on pump when cranking and i mentioned i replaced the head and suddenly now there is no spark crank sensor is new

Thanks, ***** ***** need to do some electrical tests at the pump relays. Here are the diagrams.

Remove pump relay 1, are there 2 power pins there? If so install the relay and do the same test at removed pump relay 2?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pump relay 1 has 2 power pins yes
Pump relay 2 only shows one power

Did you install relay 1 then check relay 2?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
relay 1 is installed and relay 2 only shows 1 power top right pin

Relay 2 gets one of its powers from relay 1. Relay 1 and 2 get one of there powers from the same fuse. So its relay one that is not energizing since it is getting 2 powers. Remove relay 1, there are 2 powered pins there. There should also be a pin with no power or ground and a pin that has continuity to ground. If you get that result then replace this relay.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was expecting more detail everything u said i already knew from other posts in these threads and was expecting a detailed answer not a basic answer from a professional wat u mentioned i already knew and had already checked prior to me even asking

Sorry you feel my diag assistance is basic. What are your needing so I can provide that?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I only have time to check on wknds i am home so far replaced fuel pump replaced both fuel relays i do hear a click on both relays still no prime power this is an automatic when cranking there is fuel
Pressure so pump is getting power and good ground but now i have no spark at sparkplugs i replaced crank sensor but not the lower timing cover all fuses are good in engine bay i also replaced the cam sensor , ignition coils have power and ground no luck yet

This post has timed out from no prior rating. I will not be able to continue helping. Best of Luck.