john aka eauto
john aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 years ase certified
6149662

Have a 2006 Endeavor started running rough yesterday and

Customer Question

Hi. Have a 2006 Endeavor started running rough yesterday and check engine light is on and TCL light won't shut off. Ran a scan and the following codes come up: p0431, p0037,p0456, p0340, p0335, p0303. The car is shaking bad in drive but less is neutral. I am assuming the worst is the miss fire in the 3rd cylinder is what's causing it the shaking but any ideas would be great and if it is possible a spark plug is it something I can do?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 4 months ago.

likley its the ignition coil..thats the first step

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Not spark plug? Why is TCL on now? Oh and how hard is this to do myself?

pretty easy what motor is in your endeavor? and missfires are almost never the spark plug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
3.8L

here Is firing order I usually change the coil as well as the plug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In order to get to the 1,3,5 I have to take the large plastic (intake manifold??) off. Sorry not verse in all the names but I'm going to do this with help. Anything I should know prior to takeing this all apart? I saw a couple of videos that made it look so complicated that I was worried yet I am one to do myself if possible. So that is why I ask how difficult is it to take all the parts off to get to 1,3 &5.

to completely remove the plenum its 2 hours...I generally unbolt the throttle boy and unbolt the plenum and move it out of the way to access the coil

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is the #3coil the reason why the TCL won't shut off or is that a whole other issue? The light only came on when this started and won't shut off

that is traction control light abs codes would need to be retrieved to find the fault

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand what that is but no code came up for that. I gave all the codes that was given to me in the first question. i saw in another Just answer that it has to do with a spark plug or ignition wire. That is why I asked to double check.

does your scan tool have abs capabilities? mot cheap code readers do not

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I took it to a certified Mitsubishi service center to have them do it. But they would only give me the codes for free. Otherwise I had to pay $150.00 for actual diagnosis but it would go towards the service if I had them do it but had to agree. Even though I wasn't sure how much it would be. Not feeling comfortable agreeing to something that I don't have the entire story for. So, that is why I ask. Thank you for your time.

they did not access abs...they only pulled codes on the engine side

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok they said they did. Weird.
Thanks

no problem ...hope you can rate me 5 star