Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My 2004 mitsibishi galant with v6 engine it loses freeon in

Customer Question

My 2004 mitsibishi galant with v6 engine it loses freeon in one day and my ac light is blinking green
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: There's no freeon in it it leaks out the same day we put it in and I bought the UV dye and checked the hoses could not find a leak
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Today I am trying some stop leak and 3 weeks ago I had the valve changed the one you out the freeon in
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I always smell a syrup smell under the hood
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Check the evaporator drain tube for dye, if it is leaking you wont be able to see it. Sometimes it makes its way down the tube and onto the body. A UV light is a great way to find leaks fast.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan