Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Put a new engine in my 1998 mitsubishi eclipse spyder. when

Customer Question

put a new engine in my 1998 mitsubishi eclipse spyder. when I turn it over, I get no spark condition. new timing belt put in it ,checked the cam and crank shaft sensors both passed the test. spoke to a local mechanic, and he said it could be be your security system due to the fact that the battery to the car had been off for so long. I needed to reprogram the brain by doing something with the key switch . he didn't know the method. could that be the problem, if so, do you know the way to do this, and could I have the code?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes? Are there any codes in the computer? Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i dont have a code reader i was told that the light on the dash shoukld flash the codes hows that work
im not sure if my cell is working im on the road
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello! It looks like your payment did not go through. Please add money to your account so we can talk on the phone. Thank you!