Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.

I have a 2007 gallant 4 cyl car has 27000 mi on it like new

Customer Question

Hello again I have a 2007 gallant 4 cyl car has 27000 mi on it like new runs great . The car has a service engine soon light on I pluged in the scanner and it read P1541 no dtc code refer to service manual new one on me. Please help dom
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Dom! Good afternoon, sir!

The P1541 is pointing to a problem with the Radiator Sensor. It's located on the top, left hand corner of the passenger side fan assembly (click here for an image location: Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. This harness goes to the MFI Relay, so make sure it's good and tight connection at the bottom of the fuse/relay box. If the visual inspection checks ok, more commonly, this is a faulty sensor.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hey Ron this is crazy I changed this radiator 3 years ago only the radiator I put in did not have that sensor so now the light comes on 3 years later I look and see what I did
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

To be honest, Dom... not quite sure if the sensor comes with the radiator or not. Might be separate. At the sensor is a 3-wire connector; Red with White Stripe, Red and Black. This branches off and heads to the fuse/relay box to the MFI Relay. So, make sure there are no problems with this harness at the box. If there is no sensor... not quite sure why it would take 3 years to pop up! God Bless Mitsubishi!