Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My Mitsubishi Pagero Xls model 2002 4wheel drive light 't

Customer Question

My Mitsubishi Pagero Xls model*****green light don't work
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the first time you're dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes it's the first time it's around 85000 miles the 4wheel drive work perfect but Without the Green light this problem after changed my radio ,and I changed the oil gear so I don't know if it's common
JA: What is the model of your '83000 Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The lamp are good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Fuse or if there is a wire next the radio wires
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.

Do you have the upgrade 4WD light, where there are four individual "Wheel" lights and a center differential light, or do you have the base 4WD light where there is literally just a single light that indicates if you are in 4WD or not?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All time is off if I'm driving in 2wheel or r wheel
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.

So to be clear, you have the single light, not the four wheels and center diff light set up?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The single and the 4 light not working
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.

Thanks.

With the vehicle off, turn the key to the On position while watching the light, does it perform its bulb test (lights for 2-3 seconds when the key is first turned)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No light
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** a lot.

The bulb should perform a self test at key-on.... to not do so would mean either a fuse failure, bulb failure, or ecu failure. Since the 4WD works, an ecu failure is pretty well out.

Lets go to the in-dash fuse panel and verify each fuse there. The 4WD light should have a 10A fuse.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All is good
Expert:  Doug replied 5 months ago.

Thanks.
If all fuses are definitely good, the only real expectation here would be that the bulb has burnt out. There isn't really anything in the radio area where you could have damaged anything without really trying... and even then short of actually cutting a wire in two, the only thing you would expect would be to short it out and blow the fuse which you did not do.

It is most likely that the bulb just burnt out as a combination of unfortunate timing and perhaps a little jarring while working on the radio. These bulbs in the cluster are very sensitive as they get older, the point that I often have to change them out after removing the cluster for other work as the brief jarring can cause them to fail sometimes.
Get yourself a new bulb in there and you should be fine; again with the fuses definitely OK and the transfer ecu definitely OK since the 4WD works, that really only leaves the bulb and the wiring, and there is nothing you really could have done by accident to the wiring.