Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I have a 2011 Mitsubsishi outlander sport when i place it in

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Mitsubsishi outlander sport when i place it in park the engine will shut down but the radio still remains on i cannot turn alarm on
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 5 months ago.

Welcome,

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

A lot of times if you disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for 15 seconds it will reset the computer and work. Give that a try. If that doesnt work it will need to go into a shop for repairs because it can get real involved, Just being honest with you because nobody really likes taking it to a shop...

Larry

My goal is that you are satisfied with my answer(s). I strive for a 5 star positive rating. It's the only way i get credit. You can still ask me questions for free after the rating.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I touch both cables for 15 sec it should reset ? ok thank you for your advice do you think a coin or something might be in the shift box area for this to happen

Yes on the cables.

Usually if there is something in there obstructing the shifter, it wont even go into park..

Larry