Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

First off, to fill you in on the case: I went ahead and

Customer Question

Hello!First off, to fill you in on the case: I went ahead and contacted corporate. They told me to write a letter. They also may have ignored a couple recalls. Or not entered them in the system. Corporate told me to write them a letter addressed to the Dealer/Service shop so that they may forward them, but were explicit that I could still probably amend the civil complaint and also pursue the matter in open court.Another Mitsu dealer has agreed to help out with checking it out and diagnosing what was done wrong. It is where I originally bought it actually. They went so far as to suggest I contact a local news team that does customer complaints. I think they'd very much like to leverage me as advertisement, haha.Anyways, this time I'm hoping you can walk me through a diagnosis. My fans are not turning on, but they turn on when connected directly. The A/C fan was turning on but failed too this week. Since I am an MVAC tech, I have a power probe (though up till now signal work has been done by my electromechanic friend) and all the other necessary tools. I know there are a couple sensors I need to check, but I know nothing about the actual motor. I'm pure HVAC and MVAC.Thanks in advance!
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

What sort of vehicle is this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ah, sorry, forgot the previous question was not linked. Lancer '09 DE.
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

No problem.

So the primary problem here is that you aren't getting any fan operation on the radiator? Or are you having problems with the blower fan too?

What has been done by the dealership and what was their explanation for why they could not fix it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No fan operation. Blower is good. Not been taken in, as this is apart from that other issue.
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. I just found that previous ticket we had, this was the one with all the headaches at the shop etc.

You mentioned the fans work when powered manually.... what about when activated via scan tool active tests?
Since the condenser fan stopped working, have you checked it again to make sure it still works when powered manually?

Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

Also if you are able, I'd like to get a photo of your under hood fuse panel with the cover off so I can see your arrangement.