Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the AUtomotive repair Business

I have a 2002 mitsubishi montero spot and it is not

Customer Question

I have a 2002 mitsubishi montero spot and it is not starting. We have changed the fuel pump, the spark plus and spark plug wires and still not starting
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Changed the fuel pump, spark plus and wires
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Engine running rough
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors, proper fuel pressure and good compression. If you can check each one of these things to determine which one you are lacking and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause.