350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Diamonte which everything works and

Customer Question

i have a 1997 Mitsubishi Diamonte which everything works and looks perfect and it only has 70,000 miles. When i start the car it makes a clicking noise for several minutes by where the climate control is every time i start it for the past 5 years. This is the first year that the a/c isnt working and the tech at autozone said it didnt need to be charged. He said to have it looked at because it could possibly be the compressor or a blockage in the system. What would you advise because i cant invest a lot of money into this car?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

1st thing to try is measuring the level of Freon / gas in the system

If you purchase 1 of those small AC top up bottles with a pressure gauge

and hook it up to the low pressure port thats welded onto the hard line and see where the pressure level is sitting

as a low pressure level ( or a faulty pressure switch) will result in the compressor not switching on

Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you